Sunday, June 7, 2009

Great Strides 'O9


Yesterday was the Great Strides walk in Poughkeepsie. We had absolutely BEAUTIFUL weather all day. I was proud of myself for walking just over a mile (the short walk) even though I have been feeling crappy the past few days. I am on prednisone now so the bleeding has stopped. After the walk we had a BBQ. Our team was probably the smallest ever this year with only about 25-30 walkers, but we raised over $3000. Next year I hope we will do even better. The best part of the day for me was seeing my friend Donna cross the finish line for the first time. She is 45 years old, married with 2 teenage kids, and had a double lung transplant Jan. 2OO8. She is amazing and a true inspiration.


Walking for Niki
Donna and Me

Mom and Dad


Friends =)

Showing off Brooklyn's t-shirt
(I am in the fight against Cystic Fibrosis
because I love my mommy!)

My best friends Mike & Amy


Me with my sister in law Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment